The Junior Secondary School is both pre-vocational and academic. The Curriculum at the Junior Secondary Level is aimed at giving the students the knowledge and skills preparatory to the selection of subjects for career choices at the Senior Secondary School level.
Year 7 & 8 offer a maximum of 15 subjects while year 9 offer a minimum of 13 & a maximum of 14
The core subjects are:
- English Studies
- Nigerian Languages [Igbo, Yoruba]
- Basic Science [Basic Science, Physical & Health Education]
- Basic Technology [Basic Technology, Information Technology]
- Religious Education [Christian Religious Studies, Religious Education Islamic]
- Values Education [Social Studies, Civic Education]
- Cultural and Creative Arts [CCA]
- French Language
The Elective Subjects include:
- Agricultural Science
- Home Economics
- Business Studies
At the end of the Junior Secondary School, students will write the Education Certificate Examination i.e the Junior WAEC.
It is expected that at the end of the junior Secondary School Programme, our students should be able to have attained appreciable level of literacy, numeracy , communicative and manipulative skills in addition to moral, ethical and civic values.
All these are expected to lay a solid foundation for the child’s future development.